Incentivising Innovation Activity Amongst Researchers
On Friday 16 June 2023 at 11.00 a.m. CEST / 10.00 a.m. BST, via Teams, the first ‘a conversation with’ style meeting will be held for colleagues working in central research offices, technology transfer offices (TTOs) and other central administrative functions of AURORA organisations that support and serve our research community.
During the meeting, several expert speakers from AURORA institutions will be heard, with their perspectives on R&I issues and challenges that are currently current and relevant.
In the first meeting entitled ‘Encouraging Innovation Activity among Researchers’, the speakers are Professor Sheng Qi, Associate Dean for Innovation and Professor of Pharmaceutical Materials Science and Technology at the University of East Anglia (UEA), and Dr Soraya Jones, Fellow of the Royal Society in Residence, UEA.
The speakers will talk about, amongst other things:
- How do we see R&I ecosystems changing? And what is/needs to be the mindset of researchers in 2023?
- How can we help support and foster more of an entrepreneurial mindset within our research communities?
- What are the challenges of an academic entrepreneur? And how do we support beyond what is offered by the busy Technology Transfer Office?
- How can we better sell the benefits of taking on entrepreneurial activities as a research activity, rather than as a discretionary side-project?
- What things need to be in place within our institutions?
The session will last for a maximum of one hour, and will include a Q&A.
Pre-registration required via this Teams link